NOTICE FOR PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION
TO: INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN APPRENTICESHIP AS AN OPERATING ENGINEER
FROM: THE ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER
DATE: OCTOBER 2016
SUBJECT: 2016 - 2017 APPLICATION PERIOD
Each year at this time we notify appropriate agencies and interested parties regarding our application period. November is the only month that interested parties must apply in person.
MUST APPLY IN PERSON (dates and times listed below)
ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER, ONE ENGINEERS WAY, CANTON, MA 02021-3708
order to be eligible as an applicant these basic qualifications must be met at
the time the application is assigned:
1. Be 18 years of age or older:
2. Capable of performing the work of the trade;
3. Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
4. Reside within the jurisdiction of Local 4; (eastern Massachusetts, 5 easterly counties of New Hampshire, state of Maine)
5. Be a citizen or otherwise meet the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986;
6. Have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license in your possession;
7. Have a Social Security card in your possession;
Applications will only be given to the person applying for the Program that shows a valid driver’s license and social security card. Be prepared to stay and complete the entire application. You will not be allowed to leave the Engineers Training Center with the application. Before you arrive, you must:
1. Have a valid driver’s license with a current address showing that you reside in our jurisdiction.
2. Bring a social security card.
3. Be prepared to submit on the application names of 3 individuals that have committed to write you a letter of reference and their full address and
telephone numbers. Signed letters of reference will be required at a later date.
4. Be prepared to list on the application your current employer, and two previous employers (if applicable).
Note: Your current employer will not be notified if it would jeopardize your current employment situation.
5. Be prepared to have your own pen to complete the application on the day you choose to apply to Local 4’s Apprenticeship Program.
THE ONLY DAYS AND HOURS THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ISSUED:
Monday through Friday (unless otherwise indicated below) 9:00 am, 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
NOTE: If not on time, doors are locked and you would need to wait until the next time slot.
|Tuesday, November 15, 2016||9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm|
|Saturday, November 19, 2016||9:00 am and 11:00 am|
|Friday, November 25, 2016||9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm|
|Tuesday, November 29, 2016||9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm|
THE BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED THE FOLLOWING DATES –
NO APPLICATIONS ISSUED
Friday, November 11, 2016 Veterans Day
Thursday, November 24, 2016 Thanksgiving
will NOT BE MAILED. The applicant MUST apply in person with the
proper identification or they will be sent home. Allow enough time to stay for a presentation
prior to the applications being given to you.
Applications will not leave the building – no exceptions. Also if you
have any questions or concerns, call prior to your arrival.
The Engineers Training Center is an Equal Opportunity Training Recruiting Program